Evolve Reach Admission Assessment – (HESI A2 or HESI A2 w/ Critical Thinking) - Academics
The Evolve Reach Admission Assessment, also known as (HESI A2 with Critical Thinking), is a pre-requisite for the HBU nursing program. No other exam scores can be substituted to meet this requirement. Anyone may register to take the HESI A2 with Critical Thinking or HESI A2 at Houston Baptist University, whether HBU student or not.
HBU School of Nursing and Allied Health has selected the HESI A2 w/ Critical Thinking exam because it is specifically written as a nursing school entrance exam and has research which correlates performance on this exam with nursing school success. It is our desire to select students who have the most potential for success with nursing school content areas.
- Click the Register Online button in the top right corner or click this Register online link.
- Click the link for HESI and choose which test you want to take. The HESI A2 costs $62.50, but paying for the HESI A2 with the additional Critical Thinking portion costs $68.50.
- Select a date to take the exam on the calendar. A
list of scheduled dates can be found below.
- Fill out your billing information and hit register when finished. You should receive an email containing your receipt and information about your exam date.
- Additional Information
- Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The HESI A2 or HESI A2 with Critical Thinking may also be taken at any Prometric Testing Center, which offers a four hour test session. By following instructions for Exam eligibility you start the process to obtain the eligibility code required to test at a Prometric Center.
Required for HBU School of Nursing and Allied Health For all HBU students who have registered for their HESI A2 with Critical Thinking exam, a score of 80% or higher must be achieved on the
HESI A2 Assessment Exam, on no more than 2 attempts in each of the three (3) sections: Grammar, Math, and Reading Comprehension. The Anatomy & Physiology component will also be required, although no minimum score is required. For more information, updates and FAQs regarding the HBU nursing program,visit the website for School of Nursing and Allied Health.
Category: Critical thinking